Learn how to build a homemade vaporizer with these easy instructions. You can always improve on these instructions for building vaporizers. Parts are fairly low cost and easy to track down these days. There are some general items you will need: source of heat (heat gun) with a small glass bowl, glass jar about 10" to 12" in diameter with some kind of cork top, a clear plastic bag, 90 degree pvc elbow with shut off valve, glass tube with a screen and some duct tape.
DIY Electric Bulb Vaporizer
There are many versions of the electric bulb vaporizer on the Internet. The common techniques are to use a 100 watt or bigger light bulb. Cut lower black portion of bulb and remove the filament. Make sure the bulb is clean of broken glass or any coating. A tube is added to the bottom of the bulb. Place your chopped herb in the bulb which is then heated by a lighter. The herb will start to vaporize and use the tube to inhale it. It won't take long for the herb to vaporize.
Tips for Homemade Vaporizers
- You want your apparatus to be airtight.
- Make sure the on/off valve is secure and tight.
- Use a hose clamp to air tight your balloon.
- Always test before using.
- Heat gun should have variable heat control. The right heat gun is essential.
- Zero in on the right temperature for vaporizing your herbs without burning them up in flames.
- Improvise with your imagination, someone always thinks up something better.
Homemade Vaporizer Warnings
- Homemade vaporizers can be dangerous. Change PVC plastic tubing on a regular basis as it can corrode and become toxic.
- Make sure glass vapes are very clean of debris, excessive heat can crack glass and cause splinters.
- Rubber can melt, make sure you have proper materials that won't disintegrate.
- If you're going to spend over 100.00 on parts, consider buying a new one from a store.
- Make sure components are airtight so you don't loose valuable vapor.
- Don't get your heat temperature too high, you'll end up with smoke instead of vapor.